GDL attorneys provide dynamic income, estate and gift tax planning advice and analysis with regard to planning, structuring, negotiating and documenting a broad range of matters and transactions, including the preparation of wills and revocable trusts, irrevocable trusts for life insurance or other assets, durable general powers of attorney, living wills, health care directives (such as living wills) and estate administration, as well as planning strategies for inter-vivos gifts, business succession plans and the transfer of business interests.
GDL attorneys also have extensive experience guiding clients through the following transactions as they relate to estate planning:
- The acquisition, ownership, management, leasing, sale and disposition of real estate;
- The organization, operation, governance, merger and reorganization, split-up and dissolution of corporations, partnerships, joint ventures and limited liability companies;
- Asset sales, stock sales, disposition of partnership interests and like-kind exchanges;
- Workouts and bankruptcy; and
- Employment contracts, consulting arrangements, executive compensation agreements, incentive compensation agreements and stock option plans.