GDL attorneys are zealous advocates providing assertive, result-oriented approaches in order to maximize results in a timely, cost efficient manner. GDL litigation attorneys are focused on obtaining a favorable result for a client's dispute and we are careful not to "over lawyer" the dispute to obtain such result.
GDL litigation attorneys practice in the local and federal courts in the District of Columbia, Maryland and Virginia, as well as before state and local administrative agencies in those jurisdictions. Attorneys in the Litigation Group represent banks, REITs, international corporations, small companies, law firms, trade associations, property management and development companies and individuals in a wide range of matters such as real estate, foreclosure, bankruptcy, human rights, general civil litigation, employment law, and administrative agency proceedings.
GDL also employs several seasoned appellate attorneys who bring precise analysis and creative critical legal thinking to a broad range of cases before appellate courts and governmental appellate entities.
GDL litigation attorneys advocate on behalf of clients involving:
- Representation in general real estate matters, including disputes concerning real estate contracts, construction contracts, mechanics' liens, zoning, and title matters;
- Representation of landlords in landlord and tenant disputes, primarily involving commercial leases;
- Representation of title insurance companies in defending policy claims;
- Representation of mortgage lenders and other creditors in U.S. Bankruptcy Court proceedings, including securing "adequate protection" of the value of the lender's security and obtaining relief from the automatic stay;
- Representation in various disputes over contracts, partnership agreements, and promissory notes;
- Defense and prosecution of claims on behalf of real estate brokers and agents; and
- Collection of delinquent accounts.