GDL attorneys know their way around the agencies with which they deal – several GDL attorneys have prior experience working for and with governmental bodies of the District of Columbia such as the District of Columbia Department of Consumer and Regulatory Affairs (DCRA) and the District of Columbia Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) and on the staffs of Members of the Council of the District of Columbia. GDL attorneys engage in a wide range of administrative agency matters, including the following:
- Representation of property owners and property managers in rent control, condominium, cooperative and other housing cases before governmental agencies in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, including the Rental Accommodations and Conversion Division of DHCD, and the Rental Housing Commission;
- Representation of employers on employment, housing and discrimination matters before governmental agencies in the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, including the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), the District of Columbia Department of Human Rights (DCDHR), and the Human Relations Commissions of Fairfax County, Virginia and Prince George’s and Montgomery Counties, Maryland;
- Representation before the District of Columbia Board of Elections and Ethics on initiative and referendum matters;
- Representation of various parties in proceedings before DC’s Alcoholic Beverage Regulation Administration (ABRA), such as with respect to procurement of ABC licenses; and
- Representation of real estate licensees and property owners in cases brought under the D.C. Civil Infractions Act and the D.C. Real Estate Licensure Act.