Phillip R. Blackmon, Jr.
TEL: (202) 452-1400 ext. 5411
Washington, DC 20006
For over twelve years, Phil Blackmon has represented clients on all facets of commercial real estate transactions, with a particular focus on acquisitions and dispositions, leasing, financings and transactional structuring. His clients have included private and family investors, regional and national developers, institutional investors, local governments, sovereign wealth funds and sovereign nations. Mr. Blackmon has experience drafting and negotiating purchase and sale agreements and ground leases for commercial office properties, retail shopping centers, mixed-use properties and vacant land; commercial office and retail leases; and development-related agreements. In addition, Mr. Blackmon has experience representing lenders, servicers, and borrowers on all types of financing arrangements for the acquisition, development and stabilization of commercial property. Mr. Blackmon has also represented foreign investors on transactional structuring for the acquisition, development, ownership and disposition of commercial real estate throughout the United States.
- Represented landlord in 100,000 square foot lease of industrial space in Washington, DC.
- Represented charter school in 20,000 square foot lease of DC-based campus.
- Represented Industrial Corporation in 135,000 square foot lease of industrial building in Albany, New York.
- Represented law firm in sublease of approximately 35,000 square foot office in Washington, DC.
Acquisition and Disposition:
- Represented owner of industrial properties in the $27 Million sale of membership interests in SPE owning 375,000 square foot warehouse in Maryland and 1031 Exchange.
- Represented national bank on real estate matters in connection with the sale of substantially all of the bank’s assets in the South Eastern United States, including the sale of 31 branches and the assignment or termination of 11 retail leases.
- Represented purchaser in the $31 Million acquisition of two office buildings in Austin, Texas, which included the representation of purchaser in reverse 1031 exchange.
- Represented multi-member limited liability company in the acquisition of $35 Million office park in Northern Virginia and in $20 Million acquisition financing.
- Represented international company in the acquisition and financing of a $4 Million commercial condominium in Washington, DC.
- Represented national bank on the near foreclosure and ultimate workout of $106 Million loan secured by 574-unit condominium complex in Washington, DC.
- Represented master servicer on the assumption of $100 Million loan secured by hotel in New York City and in the negotiation of intercreditor agreements related to an addition $100 Million of mezzanine financing in 5 tranches.
- Represented master servicer in assumption by Hotel REIT of a loan secured by a Courtyard by Marriott hotel in Southwest Washington, DC.
- Represented developer in $4 Million acquisition loan and subsequent $16 Million construction loan for the development of 65,000 square foot office building Loudoun County, Virginia.
- Represented borrower in $12.5 Million acquisition loan for purchase of office building in Fairfax County, Virginia to be converted into office condominiums.