GDL lawyers represent employers to help develop and manage their workplace with as few legal conflicts as possible. GDL also litigates employment claims whenever necessary to vigorously represent our clients’ interests. GDL attorneys have experience in representing employers in the following areas:
- Developing, or reviewing, advising on and revising, employment policies and personnel manuals to meet all federal, state and local requirements;
Undertaking workplace audits to review existing policies and practices and help institute effective compliance programs;
- Providing training sessions for all levels of management and staff to understand and comply with their legal responsibilities;
- Preparing non-competition, confidentiality, license and other agreements and devising strategies to protect our clients’ business interests, proprietary information and trade secrets;
- Conducting internal investigations into such matters as sexual harassment, theft and other employee misconduct;
- Advising clients about employment discrimination claims, the Fair Housing Act (FHA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), wrongful termination claims, and outsourcing and independent contractor arrangements; and
- Representing clients in litigation and enforcement proceedings in federal, state and local courts and administrative agencies, including representation of employers before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
Attorneys in the Employment Law Group also provide representation in miscellaneous actions, including discrimination claims, sexual harassment investigations, and the defense and prosecution of employment contract and non-competition agreement claims.