GDL has expertise in leasing space for the burgeoning brewery and distillery industry in the DC metropolitan region.
- Tenant representation for DC Distillery, a full-service, white tablecloth restaurant with an on-site distillery for both on-premises and package take-away sales. GDL attorneys successfully lobbied DC Council to amend existing law to permit the client’s proposed distillery/restaurant use.
- Tenant representation for Atlas Brew Works for its initial brewery lease, lease expansion, lease extension, solar power roof rights agreement and additional lease modification agreements.
- Tenant representation for new distillery operator Jos. A. Magnus & Co., a wholesale operation with a tasting room feature.
- Landlord representation with respect to the lease of Aslin Brewery’s Alexandria brewery/beer garden location, which included complicated land use (multiple 35-foot tall grain silos), parking and signage issues.
- Landlord representation with respect to the Silver Branch Brewery, which placed a wholesale production brewery and ancillary restaurant with outdoor beer garden on multiple levels of a high-quality office tower adjacent to a residential area next to the Silver Spring Metro station.