Jared S. Greenstein
TEL: (202) 452-1400 ext. 5418
Washington, DC 20036-5605
Jared Greenstein advises owners, developers, property managers, tenants and borrowers with respect to commercial real estate transactions. His practice concentrates on the development, leasing, acquisition, disposition and management of commercial office, retail and mixed-use properties, as well as multi-family residential properties. Mr. Greenstein has significant experience in the drafting and negotiation of purchase and sale agreements and ground leases for commercial office properties, multifamily residential properties, retail shopping centers, mixed-use properties and vacant land; commercial office and retail leases, assignments, subleases, antenna and telecommunications agreements, listing agreements, confidentiality agreements, and SNDAs; commercial and residential property management agreements; and development agreements, easement agreements, covenants, access agreements, post-closing development cost sharing agreements, post-closing work agreements, build-to-suit work agreements, crane overswings, and other development-related agreements.
Mr. Greenstein is the co-author of the Section on Commercial Leasing in the 2017 DC Bar Manual's Chapter on Real Property. Mr. Greenstein has acted as landlord’s counsel with respect to the structuring, drafting and negotiation of some of the Washington metropolitan area’s largest and most recognized lease transactions for office and retail space over the last few years, including:
- 206,000 square foot office lease with Nestle for its U.S. headquarters. http://wapo.st/2pmNV9g
- 354,000 square foot office lease for CEB Tower, which is a 500,000 square foot office tower currently being constructed in Rosslyn, Virginia. This lease was the largest new lease signed in 2014 in the Washington metropolitan area. http://wapo.st/2okySxt
- 176,000 square foot office lease with Kaiser Permanente for a build-to-suit new construction project on land owned by WMATA at the New Carrollton Metro Station.
- 121,000 square foot office lease for The Urban Institute as an anchor tenant for a building to be newly constructed at L'Enfant Plaza. http://bit.ly/2nVXNFT
- 160,000 square foot full building office lease with Noblis, Inc. in Reston, Virginia. This lease was the 3rd largest new lease signed in 2014 in the Washington Metropolitan area. http://bit.ly/2os778r
- 220,000 square foot full building lease renewal with CACI International, Inc. in Chantilly, Virginia.
- 147,000 full building lease with Novavax, Inc. for office, medical and warehouse use in Gaithersburg, Maryland.
- 115,000 square foot lease with Raytheon Company for office and SCIF space in Rosslyn, Virginia.
- Retail lease with Trader Joe's in Washington, D.C.
- Multiple flexible work space leases with operators including Regus (Spaces), MakeOffices and Eastern Foundry.
- Retail lease with Landmark Movie Theatres for movie and restaurant space at Atlantic Plumbing in the Shaw neighborhood of Washington, D.C. http://bit.ly/2okM3P6
- 111,000 rentable square foot renewal and expansion amendment with Sinclair Television in Rosslyn, Virginia.
- 76,000 square foot office lease with Grant Thornton LLP in Rosslyn, Virginia. http://bit.ly/2o1isco
- Multiple leases with the District of Columbia Department of General Services.
- 70,000 square foot lease with Politico for office, television, and new media space in Rosslyn, Virginia. http://wapo.st/2nWihy6
- Multiple retail leases along the 14th and U Street Corridors, including leases with BB&T, Salt and Sundry, Lou Lou, Tico Restaurant and Wells Fargo Bank.
- 84,000 square foot office lease with law firm Miller & Chevalier LLP to lease space as the anchor tenant in a newly constructed building in downtown Washington, D.C. http://bit.ly/2oSnrjw
- 100,000 square foot office lease with Accenture to lease space in a newly constructed building in Ballston,
- Leasing to over 30 national and local restaurant tenants in connection with the development of multiple food courts in L’Enfant Plaza. http://wapo.st/2oSpVyq
ACQUISITIONS AND DISPOSITIONS:
- Represented the seller of a two-building office complex in Bethesda, Maryland.
- Represented the ground lessee with respect to a substantial modification and expansion of a Ground Lease to support a 500,000 square foot mixed-use development in Rosslyn, Virginia, including the structuring and negotiation of put options, purchase options, tenant's development rights and obligations, transfers of easement rights, and lender issues related to the tenant's concurrent closing on a $250,000,000 construction loan.
- Represented the seller of a multifamily apartment complex in Silver Spring, Maryland.
- Represented the ground lessee with respect to a Ground Lease for land and existing office improvements in Reston, Virginia.
- Represented the purchaser of the Bethesda Office Center, a 174,400-square-foot building in downtown
- Represented the purchaser with respect to the acquisition of a shopping center in the District of Columbia.
- Represented the seller of a 454 unit apartment building in Rosslyn, Virginia.
- Represented the seller of the Winchester Gateway Shopping Center and Stonewall Plaza Shopping Center in Winchester, Virginia.
- Represented the purchaser of the La Plata Shopping Center in La Plata, Maryland.
- Represented the seller of multiple vacant parcels of land in Chantilly, Virginia, including post-closing development related agreements to enable the seller and the purchaser to jointly develop an assemblage of parcels into hotel, office, residential and retail use.
- Represented the sellers of two GSA-leased office properties in Rockville, Maryland.
Represented the borrower on multiple acquisition loans, construction loans, refinancings and loan defeasances with lenders including JP Morgan, PNC, Bank of America, Wells Fargo, MetLife, ING, Fannie Mae, Bank of Georgetown, United Bank and EagleBank.