GDL's attorneys provide effective legal services for D.C. area hotels and restaurants, combining local know-how, business acumen, strategic thinking and significant experience working in restaurant industry to bear, in virtually every relevant field, including the following:
- Entity formation and operating agreements;
- Lease and personal guaranty negotiation;
- Alcohol Board of Control (ABC) liquor license applications and transfers;
- D.C. licensing, permits and compliance, including Outdoor Space Licenses, Certificates of Occupancy and Certificates of Good Standing;
- Litigation, landlord/tenant disputes and risk management;
- Franchise law;
- Employment law, including drafting employment handbooks and policies;
- Contract negotiation, drafting and review;
- Tax planning and business succession; and
- Purchase, sale or merger of existing business.
Attorneys of the firm have also been very active in structuring hotel development throughout the DC metropolitan area.